Sunday, July 16, 2006

Support

Its tough raising money. It's even tougher asking for it. But the Bible says we do not have cause we do not ask. We treat God like a coke machine all the while not bothering to speak with our friends and family about needs. Some people are just moochers. They should go hungry-the Apostle Paul said that not me. Some people are affriad which inn itself is a sin I think if you are called by God to do something. Somme people need to be challenged and your askinng them moves them forward in faith. I know lots of people who do not get the "big picture". You could share your heart, your vision annd your calling and they still dont "get it". THats faith. We do not always get it, but we step out in it annd in obediance and trust learn. I understand its hard to see. I pray for peace when people dont agree or support ouur efforts and thats where my faaith is challanged. Faith that Jesus will provide, faith that Mystery will move forward and that people (probably the unlikely) will provide at the right time.
We have a goal of raising $25K personally (outside any additonal church support raised) to get us through the end of the year. So far we have raised roughly $5K. If you would like to give to the effort of planting a new church to reach new people here in Joplin, MO would would surely appreciate it.
To those of you who have given or pledged to give I say thank you. And to those who have not, or even refused to support this movement...I say thank you for teaching me more about Jesus.

Steev