Monday, November 05, 2007

Why do we cling to Our Stupidity?

Galatians 3:1,3
O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit are you now being perfected by the flesh?
How do we live Foolishly rather than by Faith?
We deny God’s work in our lives, ignore scriptures teaching of God, the gospel and our salvation and we reject justification by Faith alone and live foolishly trusting ourselves.

Why do we cling to our Stupidity?
If I have a low view of God’s involvement in my life I can keep my Pride and control.

If I devalue the bibles authority over my life I lesson my responsibility for my actions and I can keep Sinning.

If I increase in my moral goodness, I am superior to others and I can lesson my guilt and debt toward God.

What is man that you are mindful of him and the son of man that you care for him?
Our God is in the heavens; and he does all that he pleases.
Psalm 8:4
Psalm 115:3