Wednesday, July 01, 2009

No Generic Grace

It was God the Father who permitted and purposed his Sons death on the cross. How does this change our perception of grace, of God's salvation, of his eternal & purposed love? What does this say about me a Christian? How does this effect my worship, my attitude & my actions? How does this answer the question so often asked, "Why would a loving God allow pain and suffering?"
God knows suffering. He knows it has an end and a purpose that we might not see, but he does. God is intimately familiar with grief and loss. He is also intensely determined to love us and lavish us with his grace. Do you know the great love with which he has loved you? The infinite price he paid to purchase our dead lives? Not with perishable things like money and things, but with with the precious blood of his Son.
What a purposed and particular love is the Cross of Christ. What a great love, far deeper reaching and than an all inclusive "love" or generic grace.
"It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself up for me." Gal 2:20

A life lived fully for God's glory is fueled by the fire of God's electing love.