Thursday, November 30, 2006

Excuses

Well the Holidays are in full swing. As you see from the lack of postings everyone is busy. I am learning that this time of year is hard on church planting. People are just so busy. We are all traveling, spending, partying...you name it. Its just nuts. Not sure what will happen when our college students head home...wait and see I guess. This is all a learning curve for sure.

We are looking forward to pushing into 2007. We are hoping in late January to meet all together and begin building a regualr worship service for Mystery. Please be praying for us to find a place to gather corporately. Ideally a Free place is best, but God will provide the means for his provisions.

The whole thing is making me reflect on my own involvement in churches over the years. Its lead to repentance in thinking about others as well.

I would say that we should all step back and ponder how we understand and live out the gospel day to day.

How are we helping advance the kingdom?
In what way do we hinder the kingdom?
What opportunities is God placing before us and how am I pursueing his glory in them?
How could I be more involved with Jesus' mission in my city?
What sin keeps me enslaved to a self centered gospels which are not gospel at all?