Thursday, November 30, 2006

Incarnation

God.

When He set out to bring His rebelious creation back to Himself knew it would be messy. The whole mystery of the Incarnation of Christ is God getting dirty. He CHOSE to enter a broken world and be subject to all it had to offer. He humbled Himself, lowered Himself down to our level. Its better that way you know.

When I talk to my kids, especially when its important, it means something to them when I lower myself to their level. When I get down and look them in the eye. When I get on my knees and play, laugh, cry, cuddle... the meaning increases, the moment is real.

Jesus did that. He came down. He got dirty. He played, He laughed, He cried, He suffered like all of us.

Incarnation is about moving forward. It is about pressing into something to better understand it, to better Help.

Christians are called to the same. The Father sent the Son, the Son sent the Spirit and the Spirit sends the church. Just as Jesus is the visible image on an invisible God, the church is to be the image of Christ in the world.

How's your reflection this week? Have you looked in the mirror lately? Have you taken a good long look back over the last 72, 48, 24 hours of your life? What's it look like? Who does it reveal?